16 November 2008

A new year, of sorts

For some odd reason (I'm sure it had NOTHING to do with over indulgence at Halloween. Nope, never.) I've been on a kick to establish some healthy new habits since the start of November. I'm trying to do yoga every day, get more sleep, drink more water, and cook more of my meals at home.

And I have to say, I'm kinda proud of myself. I'm not sticking to my plans to the T but I'm trying to not give myself too much grief about it because there are a lot of new things I'm trying to do and overall, I'm doing well! Yoga, I'm averaging every other day, sleep is still eluding me but I am heading to bed earlier, I wasn't drink much water before so the 2-3 nalgenes of water I drink now is certainly and improvement and considering that I rarely eat lunch out anymore and even more rarely dinner, the food challenge is working out well too. GO ME!

I just wanted to share my accomplishments here because with holidays coming, the urge to skip yoga, stay up late watching TV, drink wine instead of water, and go out instead of stay in, I'm going to need reinforcements in the form of public shame.

No comments: