27 August 2008
24 August 2008
22 August 2008
- a dinner of edamame and orange sticks. and yes, i went to trader joe's today, how could you tell?
- watching this and this. because no one will watch they with me, so a friday night in alone is the best time. but don't sob for me, a woman eating chocolate and watching romcoms alone because i'm also
- drinking a bottle of preseco.
21 August 2008
Your result for The Where You Should've Been Born Test...
15% Warlike, 55% Spartan Living, 63% Socialist
You are a Spaniard at heart. You like to kick back, relax, and pretty much be lazy. Although you probably wake up past 10 AM every day and go to bed past 2 AM, it is probably not out of the same necessity of escaping the heat. You try to stay out of conflict, don't care much about worldly possessions, and like to enjoy life.
Your result for The Which Lolcat Are You? Test...
77% Affectionate, 36% Excitable, 40% Hungry
Slayer of darkness.
Longcat may seem like just a regular lengthy cat, but he is, in fact, looong. For proof, observe the longpic.
It is prophesized that Longcat and his archnemesis Tacgnol will battle for supremacy on Caturday. The outcome will change the face of the world, and indeed the very fabric of lolcatdom, forever.
Be grateful that the test has chosen you, and only you, to have this title.
To see all possible results, checka dis.
17 August 2008
- papusas, nachos, and tacos for lunch. muy rico.
- hbo movies on demand, especially weepy ones, are the only way to spend an evening in alone.
- gave in to almost a decade of pressure and looked up information about getting my driver's license. because for those of you who don't know, i am 25 and have never, ever had a license. i took driver's ed when i was 16, have had two permits, but never took a road test. i read the whole manual today and instead of feeling more sure of myself, i'm scared shitless. SCARED. SHITLESS. but i will still be getting my learner's permit soon. and 30 days after that, i can get my license. and continue to never drive, but at least i'll have a form of ID other than my passport.
13 August 2008
thanks to everyone who expressed concern. goes to show how little hardship i've had to actually deal with in my life when a slight hiccup leaves me unmoored. but i didn't cry about it! at all! in public! or even by myself! and to me, that's the most amazing thing of all of this- i just may be learning how to control my emotions and deal with stress appropriately.
except that i only had cottage cheese, soup, and a corn dog to eat on monday because i lose my appetite when stressed. still not the most healthy thing ever.
on a completely unrelated note: does anyone else out there hate the secret commercial for their new flawless deodorant that has 5 signs of awesomeness of something? the one where the annoying bitch keeps on raising her arms around new york? i can't find a clip of it on youtube (probably because it is the pits PUN INTENDED) but i did find these crazy kids reenacting it, so that will have to do.
12 August 2008
and i'm going to interview for a second job today, so hopefully i won't have to resort to the xanax i have on hand for flying to get me through the day. deep breaths...
11 August 2008
so, not only have i recently seen mamma mia!- fantastic! amazing! it will change your life... er, your afternoon! but i also recently discovered something a bit disturbing about my financial situation. in that it is dire. money is always such a FUN and STRESS FREE and not at all UNCOMFORTABLE topic to discuss, so i'm not going to get into to it too much just to say that i'm going to have to seriously reevaluate budget stuff and perhaps get another job. on top of my part time one. on top of my internship. and on top of my fall class.
BEING AN ADULT IS SIMPLY THE BEST.
does your mother know you are out? because if she did, she would probably tell you to go home and save some dough.