06 March 2008

i crossed a line somewhere

and have ceased to realize that tv and movies are scripts and not real life. i find myself wondering why my own day to day existence isn't more like all the shows i watch and wishing that my life was more... well, more.

don't get me wrong, i've got fantastic friends and i'm super lucky for the life i lead- i get to travel, live in a great new place, go to a great school- but at the same time, i feel like my life is missing that sparkle that comes from someone turning around at just the right moment to see you come through the door. or stopping you mid sentence for a big kiss. or a case of mistaken identity at a masked ball.

i guess i'm going to have to plan a costume party, time my entrance, and tell someone ahead of time to shut me up with a smooch. and then be hypnotized before the event so i don't remember my planning.

whew, that's a lot of work.

or i could just realize that gossip girl is scripted and heavily edited.

No comments: