12 February 2009

Ballet, swoon!

Last night, Maggie and I went to see Highland Fling at the Kennedy Center. And GOODNESS, my heart was in my throat almost the whole time. It has been so long since I've seen a dance performance and I forget how much I miss dance in my life. It has been years since I've been in a formal class and every once in awhile, I find myself looking at belly dance or flamenco or latin dance classes but right now, I just can't afford the time or money to commit to a formal class.

But performances, performances I can do. While the entire show was great, the group scenes made me grab Maggie's hand. No joke. Scottish reel, Irish step dancing- AH, god. Totally made up for the fact that I was sick and got home later than I wanted.

And in two weeks- FLAMENCO! YES!

No comments: