10 January 2009

Year in Review, FINALLY

If you care, you can compare here.

What did you do in 2008 that you'd never done before?
I don't know if there was anything. Oh, I know! Read a self help book.

Did you keep your New Years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
A little bit. Overall, I was healthier for most of 2008 than I was in Boston in general and 2007. No real resolutions this year, just GET A JOB.

Did anyone close to you give birth?
No, but EVERYONE is preggers. And by everyone, I mean my roommate's sister and my cousin.

Did anyone close to you die?
Nope, thank goodness.

What countries did you visit?
Peru! Twas fantastic and am jonesing for another trip.

What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
Self confidence. Just ONE SALARIED job. A breakup free year.

What date(s) from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
March 1- moving back out on my own. June 5- my birthday AND I started a new job.

What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Letting go of my ridiculous life plan that conceived of when I was 12. Always good to examine those every once in awhile.

What was your biggest failure?
Repeating old, unhealthy patterns. Not saving more money. Ignoring the economic crisis.

Did you suffer illness or injury?
Ended the year with a fall down some stairs but otherwise, healthy and whole.

What was the best thing you bought?
Grad school still ranks high. Groceries instead of going out. My $3 seagull broach that I wear almost every other day.

Whose behavior merited celebration?
All my friends for putting up with my CRAZY.

Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Pete and Ashley Wentz. Seriously, Bronx Mowgli?

Where did most of your money go?
Grad school. And eating out. So much eating out.

What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Meeting Christian Siriano. Fakesgiving party. Haircuts.

What songs will always remind you of 2008?
Lady Gaga- Just Dance, Rhianna- Please Don't Stop the Music, Mariah Carey- Touch My Body, Scissor Sisters- Don't Feel Like Dancing, Michael Buble- Feeling Good, Any George Michael

Compared to this time last year, are you...
I. Happier or sadder? much, much happier.
II. Thinner or fatter? about the same, I think? My weight did fluctuate this year so if anything, a bit larger right now.
III. Richer or poorer? Richer, but not by tons. But hey, two jobs versus none helps in that respect.

What do you wish you'd done more of?
Free outings. Cooking at home. Worked out.

What do you wish you'd done less of?
Job searching. Settling for less than I deserve.

How will you be spending Christmas?
Ah a bit late. Christmas Eve, dinner at Tia Mona's. Christmas day, presents at home, Chinese food and Seven Pounds.

What was your favorite TV program?
Sweet Jesus. Do you think that we can say at this point that I watch entirely way too much TV? Let's not glorify it, shall we?

Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
Naw, don't think.

What was the best book you read?
Romance novels still rank pretty high because they are pretty much the only pleasure books I read this year. What can I say, when you are in school, you don't really want to do any heavy reading.

What was your greatest musical discovery?
Not so much my discovery. but still love Born Ruffians. And have fully embraced my love of disco.

What did you want and get?
My own apt again.

What did you want and not get?
A stable relationship.

What was your favorite film of this year?

See comment re: TV. Same for movies. But if I had pick some: Young @ Heart, House Bunny, Tropic Thunder, Hamlet 2

What did you do on your birthday, and how old?
Turned 25. Started my new job (fun, huh?) and had a happy hour, but then later that weekend, HOT DOG PARTY!

What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Getting my license- on my way with the permit!

How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
Hi, have you meet my waist? It be tiny. And boots. Lots of boots. And statement necklaces.

What kept you sane?
Professional help. Friends.

Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Lee Pace. Ah, lovely pie maker.

What political issue stirred you the most?
Obama in general. The man still makes me cry.

Who did you miss?
Karel and Alice on the west coast. Barb out in CO. Elle in Baltimore.

Was 2008 a good year for you?
More happy time than not. And I think I've learned a lot.

What was your favorite moment of the year?
Parties at my house. Practicing karaoke in my room.

Where were you when 2008 began?
In Baltimore, at a house party.

Who were you with?
Elle. And randomly, a friend from middle school who I hadn't seen since the middle of high school.

Where will you be when 2008 ends?
I was at a dinner party in DC.

Who will you be with when 2008 ends?
Jonny, Katie, and assorted friends through them.

What was your favorite month of 2008?
Um, well certainly not the stressful ones at the beginning or end of the year! May seems good- finishing up the semester, starting to date someone new, and knowing that I was leaving Starbucks soon. June was also pretty good though too. Really, I enjoyed my summer.

How many different states did you travel to in 2008?
MD, VA, DC, FL. And Peru, but you did't ask. I just like to remember.

How many concerts did you see in 2008?
Two. Some random guy who is a rockabilly comedy person and Born Ruffians.

Did you have a favorite concert in 2008?
Def Born Ruffians.

Did you do anything you are ashamed of this year?
Things I'm embarrassed about, sure. But shame? Nope.

What was the worst lie someone told you in 2008?
Could be really dramatic and say "I love you" but that just seems super ridiculous, haha.

Did you treat somebody badly in 2008?
I like to think I'm nice. Sometimes too nice.

Did somebody treat you badly in 2008?
Nothing that was outrageous.

If you could go back in time to any moment of 2008 and change something, what would it be?
It is hard for me to do this because I did something in the last 24 hours that was monumentally stupid, so trying to get past that to think to the whole year is kinda hard. And what did I just do- accidentally put my name on an anonymous email. Yeah, I'm smart.

What are your plans for 2009?
Remarkably similar to 2008. Find a full time job. Start saving for the future. Be healthier with my food choices. Be more active. Focus my energy on me.

No comments: